Welcome to the 53rd episode of Our Hen House, featuring John Goodwin.
On today’s episode – our first anniversary – we will fill you in on the workshop Jasmin did at Bluestockings bookstore on Going Vegan in 2011. We will also answer some questions from you about our own plans for 2011.
Joining us today is John Goodwin, the manager of animal fighting issues at the Humane Society of the United States, who will tell us everything we ever wanted to know about cockfighting and dogfighting, and the continuing efforts being made to end it.
For this week’s review, we will be joined by our Hollywood correspondent, Ari Solomon, who will give us the low-down on I’m Sorry, a brand new animal rights themed play that just opened in Los Angeles.
All that, vegan banter, and, of course, current events from the world of animal rights.
This week’s news items include:
- “Foie gras faux pas” from Ottawa Citizen
- “Obama: Not So Wild About Wildlife” from Mother Jones
- “Move Over, Cow” from The Wall Street Journal
- “Four Million Animals and Counting Buried Alive in South Korea” from Vegan.com
- “Eating greens ‘best way to look good,’ research shows” from the BBC
“In matters of conscience, the law of majority has no place.” -Mohandas Gandhi
You can listen to our podcast directly on our blog (below!) or you can subscribe on iTunes. Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it on iTunes, and don’t forget to leave us a friendly comment! Thanks!