Welcome to the 68th episode of Our Hen House, featuring Dr. Neal Barnard, M.D., and Dan Dunbar.
In today’s episode, we’ll give you our full report on our Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale, including the good, the better, and the burnt. We’ll also tell you about our one day trip to Washington DC to present at the Eating Green Conference. Plus, we’ll give you some delicious news about the new vegan doughnut line to come to the Big Doughnut – I mean the Big Apple – Dunwell Doughnuts, and we’ll chat with co-founder Dan Dunbar.
Joining us today is Dr. Neal Barnard, M.D., who will tell us all about his new book, the 21 Day Weight Loss Kickstart, a book which, of course, advocates a plant-based diet. Dr. Barnard will tell us about his role running the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine, and he’ll talk all about the specifics of living as optimally as possible, while consuming delicious vegan grub.
For our review, we’ll give you the skinny on Food for Lovers’ vegan queso, a delectable new item that will likely become your newest obsession.
All that, vegan banter, and of course, current events from the world of animal rights.
This week’s news items include:
- “Changing the world, one vegan cookie at a time” from CNN.com
- “Hiding the Truth About Factory Farms” from The New York Times
- “Who Protects the Animals?” from The New York Times
- “As science turns from chimp research, U.S. wants to restart” from McClatchy Newspapers
- “EU: Agrees new leather, fur labelling law” from Just Style
- “How Healthy Are Our Fisheries?” from The New York Times (letter to the editor by Mariann Sullivan)
“Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed.” -Cesar Chavez
You can listen to our podcast directly on our blog (below!) or you can subscribe on iTunes. Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it on iTunes, and don’t forget to leave us a friendly comment! Also, if you like what you’re listening to, please consider making a donation. Any amount is hugely appreciated, and Our Hen House is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, so it’s tax-deductible! Thanks!
Comment with Facebook
Powered by Facebook Comments