Welcome to the 39th podcast episode of Our Hen House, featuring David Wolfson.
In today’s episode, we will report back from our much anticipated launch party for Our Hen House, where our speakers wowed us, the food impressed us, and the crowd – which delighted us – spilled out onto the sidewalk! We’ll also give you an exciting update about our TimeOut New York article, and we’ll express our thoughts on why people to need to share the love with Ellen DeGeneres, even if they don’t think she’s perfect.
Joining us today is animal rights lawyer, David Wolfson, who is a partner in the Global Corporate Group at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy. David has some exciting news for us regarding undergraduate academia that you won’t want to miss.
For our review section, we will talk fast food – vegan fast food, of course.
All that, some vegan banter, and of course, tons of current events from the world of animal rights.
This week’s news items include:
- “Should we eat meat?” from CBC Radio
- “Farm Groups Face Uphill Battle in Animal Welfare” from Farm Futures (also see the Vegan.com article covering this)
- “Anger as puppy thrower escapes charges” from The Daily Telegraph
- “Why Lea Michele and Natalie Portman Went Vegan” from Us Magazine
- “More Vegan Vegas: Steve Wynn Has His Employees Learning to Eat Meat Free” from Tiny Green Bubble
“We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims.” -R. Buckminister Fuller
You can listen to our podcast directly on our blog (below!) or you can subscribe on iTunes. Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it on iTunes, and don’t forget to leave us a friendly comment! Thanks!