Welcome to the 45th episode of Our Hen House, featuring Erica Meier.
In today’s episode, we are talking Thanksgiving. We’ll chat about what it’s like to be a vegan around this odd holiday, and we’ll also discuss some of the true wonders of one of our favorite species of animals, the turkey.
Joining us today is Erica Meier, director of Compassion Over Killing. Erica will discuss the utter importance of restaurant outreach, and she’ll let us in on some current campaigns she’s working on, and how you can get involved.
For our survey section, we asked the question: What’s your favorite fall food? The results will not only surprise you, they’ll also ground you.
All that, some vegan banter, and of course, tons of current events from the world of animal rights.
- “Babycakes bakery opens in Disney World, offers vegan treats” from This Dish is Veg
- “The great animal rights betrayal” from The Independent
- “Reducing Chronic Disease May Harm Meat Producers, Study Finds” from Business Week
- “50 Years of Chimpanzees” from The New York Times
- “Newsom Vetoes San Francisco Ban of McDonalds Happy Meal Toys — “Goes Too Far Into Control of Private Sector” from San Francisco Sentinel
“Now I can look at you in peace; I don’t eat you anymore.” — Franz Kafka
You can listen to our podcast directly on our blog (below!) or you can subscribe on iTunes. Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it on iTunes, and don’t forget to leave us a friendly comment! Thanks!