Welcome to the 47th podcast episode of Our Hen House, featuring Bruce Friedrich.
In today’s episode, we will be talking Hanukah – and we’ll let you know what newest kitchen gadget of ours will result in us no longer needing to buy soymilk. We’ll also discuss other items that have been on our minds, including the medieval animal trials, and vegan latkes.
Joining us today is Bruce Friedrich, Vice President of Policy at PETA and co-author (with Matt Ball) of The Animal Activist’s Handbook. Bruce will give us his thoughts on effective activism, and a whole lot more.
For our review section, we will be joined by Our Hen House reviewer Kyle Knies. Kyle will giving you his tasty take on the cookbookMore Great Good Dairy Free Desserts Naturally, by Fran Costigan.
All that, vegan banter, and of course, current events from the world of animal rights.
This week’s news items include:
- “Sow crates to be phased out by 2015” from New Zealand Herald
- “Perdue sued for claiming its chickens raised ‘humanely’” from The Baltimore Sun
- “Mike Tyson ‘to open restaurant chain’” from Monsters and Critics
- “Mr. Jessica Simpson Eyeing Vegan Fast Food” from Organic Authority
- “Exotic animal deadline nears as state ends future owners” from Natural Resource Report
- “7-11 to Test Vegan Options” from HSUS (via Facebook)
“Each person must live their life as a model for others.” -Rosa Parks
You can listen to our podcast directly on our blog (below!) or you can subscribe on iTunes. Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it on iTunes, and don’t forget to leave us a friendly comment! Thanks!