Welcome to the 51st podcast episode of Our Hen House, featuring Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart.
In today’s episode, we will tell you about a New Year’s leafleting we did, and we’ll share our resolutions for changing our attitudes in the coming year.
Joining us today is Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart, the beauty and brains behind the designer vegan fashion line, Vaute Couture. Leanne will talk to us about everything from starting and running a vegan business, to fabric research, to modeling in Hong Kong.
For our review section, Our Hen House’s reviewer, Kyle Knies, will review the book, Raw for Dessert: Easy Delights for Everyone, by Jennifer Cornbleet.
All that, vegan banter, and of course, current events from the world of animal rights.
This week’s news items include:
- “Year-End Study Names 2010’s ‘Five Best States to be an Animal Abuser” from Animal Legal Defense Fund
- “Humane State Ranking” from The Humane Society of the United States
- “Animal Rights Outrage As Captive Or ‘Canned Lion’ Hunt Remains Unregulated” from Culture Clash Daily
- “Pit-bull service dog ban in Denver: Is it time for ordinance that doesn’t single out breed?” from Denver Westword
- “Former President Clinton Named PETA’s 2010 Person of the Year” from Fox News blog
“Why is taste, the crudest of our senses, exempted from the ethical rules that govern our other senses?” -Jonathan Safran Foer
You can listen to our podcast directly on our blog (below!) or you can subscribe on iTunes. Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it on iTunes, and don’t forget to leave us a friendly comment! Thanks!