Welcome to the 57th podcast episode of Our Hen House, featuring Daniel Hauff, Director of Investigations from Mercy for Animals.
In today’s episode, we come to you from The Windy City, where we are hanging out with the good folks at Mercy for Animals, eating all of the vegan grub Chicago has to offer, and trying to wear enough layers to shield us from the very chilly temperatures.
Joining us today is Daniel Hauff, Mercy for Animals’ Director of Investigations. Daniel will talk to us about the ins and outs of being behind the scenes doing the most hard-hitting job imaginable, including how he supports his precious undercover investigators, as well as the skinny on some recent investigations MFA conducted that truly have the power to change the world.
For our review, Mariann and I will talk about Dead Pile, a new play in Chicago that goes undercover at a dairy facility. Stay tuned to hear all about our thoughts on this new theatrical endeavor.
All that, vegan banter, and of course, current events from the world of animal rights.
This week’s news items include:
- “News flash: Gays more humane than straights” from Dallas Voice
- “Farm to Fridge — The Truth Behind Meat Production” from Mercy for Animals
- “USDA Proposed New Protections for Downer Veal Calves” from HSUS
- “Russell Simmons on money, bliss, and veganism” from CNN.com
- “John Bartlett: ‘I Want to Be a 100% Vegan Designer‘” from NBC New York
- “Vandals Deface Vegetarian Restaurant” from ABC News 13 in Asheville
“Many years ago I found out something about hamburgers that really grossed me out. You may not know this, so I hope I don’t make you sick, but it turns out hamburgers are actually made out of dead cows. I am not making this up. Needless to say, as soon as I discovered that, I gave up meat entirely.” -Weird Al Yankovic
You can listen to our podcast directly on our blog (below!) or you can subscribe on iTunes. Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it on iTunes, and don’t forget to leave us a friendly comment! Thanks!