Welcome to the 61st episode of Our Hen House, featuring Brighter Green‘s Mia MacDonald.
In today’s episode, we will discuss how veganism is portrayed in the media. We’ll also let you in on why one particular day this week started out anything but sunny, and how it has to do with our blog.
Joining us today is Mia MacDonald, the director and founder of the public policy action tank, Brighter Green. Mia will talk to us about what it’s like to devote your life to issues that span the environment, animals, and sustainable development, both globally and locally. Her stories and facts will both shock and inspire, so stay tuned.
For our review, Our Hen House’s resident rooster, Kyle Knies, will give you his take about the new movie, The Last Lions.
All that, vegan banter, and of course, current events from the world of animal rights.
This week’s news items include:
- “Foxhunting views placed on par with religion after landmark legal ruling” from The Telegraph
- “Chickens are capable of feeling empathy, scientists believe” from The Telegraph
- “The Quiet Death of Free Speech” from The Huffington Post
- “Soup Without Fins? Some Californians Simmer” from The New York Times
- “Sticky Fingers Vegan Bakery Wins Cupcake Wars” from Sticky Fingers
“It is just like man’s vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.” -Mark Twain
You can listen to our podcast directly on our blog (below!) or you can subscribe on iTunes. Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it on iTunes, and don’t forget to leave us a friendly comment! Also, if you like what you’re listening to, please consider making a donation. Any amount is hugely appreciated, and Our Hen House is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, so it’s tax-deductible! Thanks!