Our one-stop shop for all products vegan, cutting edge, and discounted is, of course, the inimitable Vegan Cuts. With cheap, animal-free goodies for your wardrobe, your tummy, or your beauty kit — not to mention your gift cabinet (let’s not be greedy!) — Vegan Cuts can pretty much satisfy your every need. Now, the already impressive company has launched a Vegan Fashion Guide that offers a “snapshot of modern vegan fashion.” Today, Vegan Cuts co-founder Jill Pyle offers us a sneak-peek into the Guide with her top five vegan fashion picks for bearing the winter cold in style.
5 Vegan-Friendly Fashion Finds for Winter
by Jill Pyle
With winter arriving in no time, it’s the perfect moment to assess your closet and make sure you have enough stylish, warm-weather wear to get you through the colder months. I, for one, love a good wardrobe upgrade — and the shopping that comes with it! If you’re like me, you like to focus on finding pieces that align with your vegan values in order to limit your look’s impact on the planet, animals, and other human beings. Sound familiar? Then I hope you check out the Vegan Cuts Vegan Fashion Guide for a full lookbook of cruelty-free fashion, plus tips on how to veganize your wardrobe.
Want a peek into the snapshot of modern vegan fashion that’s featured in the Vegan Fashion Guide? Read on for my top five finds that are a must for this winter.
1. Gradient Necklace from Michelle Starbuck Designs: It’s hard to pick just one of Michelle’s whole line of timeless pieces created from repurposed vintage materials, but this necklace is perfectly vintage and versatile. Dress it up or dress it down – either way you’d do well to rock it all winter long.
2. Tote Bags from Bungalow360: These 100% natural canvas totes are perfect for holiday trips to the mountains or your morning stroll to the coffee shop. My favorite part about snagging a few of these natural beauties? Supporting a company that really cares; Bungalow360 uses solar panels, recycles, and donates to animal shelters. I can get behind that!
3. Alicia in WunderFelt Pea Coat by Vaute Couture: I love everything Vaute because it’s so haute without being harmful. This made-in-the-US coat is warmly similar to wool, but made of recycled plastic bottles.
4. Logo Sweater by Bruce Heart: A comfy sweater is a must for cuddly nights in, and I’m particularly excited about this one because of the Bruce Heart logo. But there’s more: For every sweater sold, Bruce Heart is donating $2.00 to the Broken Hearts Ministry to help people get off of the streets and stay off them. Talk about kind fashion.
5. Demi Lace-Up Buckle Boot by Cri De Coeur: A cute boot is my winter go-to, and these work-inspired ones are perfectly on trend. Add to that the fact that they’re made in an ethical, sweatshop-free facility and that they’re on sale, and you’ve got yourself a win, win, win.
There you have it! Five winter finds that I’ll be wearing to capture the looks in the Vegan Cuts Vegan Fashion Guide all season long.
For an added behind-the-scenes look at the Vegan Cuts Vegan Fashion Guide, check out this video!
Jill Pyle‘s passion for ethical living led her from a government desk job to a year abroad with her husband, John, during which she journaled her vegan travel tips on Vegan Backpacker. Jill co-founded Vegan Cuts, the place to shop to discover the best vegan products. Vegan for eight years, Jill sees every dollar as a vote for a kinder, more compassionate world and does her part every day to help make shopping vegan so easy it’s a given.