The brilliant karol orzechowski joins the podcast this week, and we couldn’t be more thrilled! karol currently serves as the Content Director for Faunalytics, a nonprofit whose mission is to empower animal advocates with access to thorough, reliable data. While Faunalytics is best known for using research and statistics to strengthen pro-animal, anti-suffering activism, the organization is now also producing visual resources. karol shares why Faunalytics decided to incorporate visuals and how they hope access to this new resource will help animal activists. We discuss recent factsheets Faunalytics has created, including one detailing the pros and cons of cultured meat and another about the greyhound racing industry. karol also outlines what’s next for the Faunalytics visual program and how they plan to move forward and share their data as widely as possible.
*We are thrilled to expand the accessibility of our podcast by offering written transcripts of the interviews! Click here to read Jasmin’s interview with karol orzechowski.*
karol orzechowski is an animal advocate with a passion for blending activism and art. In addition to producing numerous short films on various animal issues, karol is the director of Maximum Tolerated Dose, a full-length documentary about the psychological toll of vivisection on both animals and humans. When he’s not working for Faunalytics, karol is usually planning, hosting, or performing events in his local arts scene.
“Our mission is to empower animal advocates with reliable data.” – karol orzechowski
Highlights for Episode 659:
- Why Faunalytics decided to begin producing visual resources
- How the visual program is organized and information contained within its three key categories: Fundamentals, Infographics, and Explainer Videos
- The five Fundamental themes: Farmed Animals, Research Animals, Companion Animals, Wildlife, and Animals & Social Justice
- Why Faunalytics chose to create Fundamentals
- The importance of finding reliable data for the Animal & Social Justice Fundamental
- The individuals on the Faunalytics research team and how their academic backgrounds support their work in animal activism
- Why the Fundamentals are some of Faunalytics’ most popular resources
- Who the visual resources are designed for, and how karol hopes they will be used to further the animal rights cause
- How to access all of Faunalytics incredible visual content and support their efforts
- Eat Plants, Save the Planet registration
- European Vegan Summit
- Animal Liberation, a public art exhibit
- Belse Plant Cuisine
- A Peek at Big Beef’s Playbook
Connect with karol orzechowski:
- Faunalytics Website
- Faunalytics on Facebook
- Faunalytics on Twitter
- Faunalytics on Instagram
- Faunalytics on YouTube
- Faunalytics on LinkedIn
- Office Hours for Pro Bono Research Support: faunalytics.org/ask-us
Connect with Our Hen House:
Thank you for listening to the Our Hen House podcast! If you enjoy our podcasts, believe in our mission to effectively mainstream the movement to end the exploitation of animals, find community and solace in our shows and resources, and would like to show your support for vegan indie media, please make a donation today.
You can listen to our podcast directly on our website, or subscribe on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcatcher! Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it and leave us a comment on Apple Podcasts!
The Our Hen House theme song is written and performed by Michael Harren.
This episode is brought to you in part through the generosity of A Well-Fed World. A Well-Fed World provides the means for change by empowering individuals, social justice organizations, and political decision makers to embrace the benefits of plant-based foods and farming. Learn more at awfw.org.