Welcome to the 58th episode of Our Hen House, featuring Leigh and Ken Saluzzi of Cosmo’s Vegan Shoppe, and Jeanette Zeis of VeganDish.
In today’s episode, we come to you from Atlanta, Georgia, where we are sampling all of the vegan yumminess this city has to offer, and meeting up with activists and entrepreneurs who are changing the world for animals right here in the beautiful south. We’ll catch up with Jeanette Zeis from VeganDish, who will give us the inside scoop of what it’s like to run a vegan-themed pottery business. Then, joining us today for our feature interview are Ken and Leigh Saluzzi from Cosmo’s Vegan Shoppe. Ken and Leigh will share with us their esteemed opinion on hot new vegan products, and they’ll offer advice to anyone interested in starting a vegan business.
For our review, we’ll give you a sneak peak into the up-and-coming vegan bakery here in Atlanta called Dough. If you don’t live in Atlanta, you might just want to plan a visit.
All that, vegan banter, and of course, current events from the world of animal rights.
This week’s news items include:
- “Meatless Mondays bedevil pork, beef producers” from DeMoinesRegister.com
- “A bakery that creates more than just treats” from Atlanticville
- “Buehrles passionate about animal rights” from ALL IN (also see: “Mark Buehrle On Michael Vick: My Wife And I Hoped He Would Get Injured” from The Huffington Post)
- “Urban Outfitters Falsely Advertises Real Fur as Fake” from Change.org (also see: “International Retailer Urban Outfitters Admits to Deceptive Mislabeling of Real Fur as Fake” from PINNACLE: Reinvent the Icon’s Joshua Katcher)
- “Plans for Lincolnshire ‘super dairy’ are withdrawn” from BBC News
“The most violent element in society is ignorance.” -Emma Goldman
You can listen to our podcast directly on our blog (below!) or you can subscribe on iTunes. Also, if you like what you hear, please rate it on iTunes, and don’t forget to leave us a friendly comment! Thanks!